Broad City image via Giphy.com
Everyone talks about how big the tax code it. Yes, there are lots of words, with estimates ranging from 2.4 million to 3.7 million to so many that nobody really knows.
But there's another enormous area of taxes and no, I'm not talking about how much you pay each year.
I'm talking about all the forms.
Some have been around for ages. Others have been around a long time, but recently tweaked; yes, I'm looking at you Form 1040 under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA). And a few new ones show up from time to time.
With Tax Form Tuesday, a new feature here at the ol' blog, a form will be featured on, you got it, Tuesdays. The links to each of these posts then will become part of this page.
I'm hoping to add a new form post, or more accurately a new post on a form, every Tuesday (duh!), but no guarantee. Regardless of frequency, though, you'll eventually find the featured forms' posts on this page.
- New for 2019 taxes: revised 1040 & only 3 schedules (Jan. 14, 2020)
- Decoding your W-2 (Jan. 21, 2020)
- 22 tax deductions, no itemizing required, on Schedule 1 (Jan. 28, 2020)
- Reporting gambling winnings & other income on Schedule 1 (Feb. 4, 2020)
- Payroll taxes: who pays, how much and how if self-employed (Feb. 11, 2018)
- Dealing with a missing W-2 or using Form 4852 instead (Feb. 18, 2020)
- Deducting business meals & other expenses on Schedule C (Feb. 25, 2020)
- File major disaster claims on Form 4684 (March 3, 2020)
- Obamacare tax forms (1095 series & 8962) in the time of coronavirus (March 10, 2020)
- Going green this St. Patrick's Day with renewed residential energy tax credits (March 17, 2020)
- COVID-19 forces closure of many IRS, other tax operations (March 24, 2020)
- Older taxpayers get their own 1040 for 2019 tax filing (March 31, 2020)
- Spousal abuse and taxes in trying times (innocent, injured spouse filings) (April 7, 2020)
And if you want more info on other forms not featured here, check out the ol' blog's Forms category. It will show Tax Form Tuesday entries, as well as other tax documents that I've posted about over the years, with the newest post first.