The loudest shout in 2021 is the joyful one for the exit (finally!) of 2020.
Sure, we're still going to be dealing in 2021 with the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and fallout from political (and actual) turmoil.
As part of the ol' blog's effort to merge onto the admittedly slow road to normalcy, the weekend feature that recognizes timely, helpful, interesting and sometimes amusing tax articles continues.
That's right. The Saturday (or Sunday) Shout Out for 2021 is here!
The reason for and format of this weekend feature remain the same. Sharing other good tax info from other online sources gives me a bit more free time each weekend while keeping all y'all faithful readers up to date.
Or as we say here in Texas (and, I realize, elsewhere), if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So the sharing and shouting continues.
Enjoy these articles/posts and your weekends, too!
- Christmas Day 2021 fun facts (Dec. 25, 2021)
- Holiday tipping and a tax tip for recipients (Dec. 18, 2021)
- How you can help Kentucky tornado victims (Dec. 12, 2021)
- Raise a glass to today's tax-influenced anniversary of Prohibition's repeal (Dec. 5, 2021)
- Price of a True Love's 12 Gifts of Christmas skyrockets in 2021 (Nov. 28, 2021)
- $3.5 billion worth of cryptocurrencies seized by IRS CI in fiscal 2021 (Nov. 20, 2021)
- Tax provisions are part of finally finished infrastructure bill (Nov. 13, 2021)
- Women are slightly better investors than men (Nov. 6, 2021)
- Democrats propose expanding estate tax, GOP wants to kill 'death tax' (Oct. 31, 2021)
- A Child Tax Credit work requirement likely wouldn't work as proponents predict (Oct. 23, 2021)
- Tyson Fury talks tax trash about Lewis Hamilton (Oct. 16, 2021)
- U.S. tax haven states finally get global attention (Oct. 9, 2021)
- Where in the U.S. families are likely missing out on advance child tax credit checks (Oct. 2, 2021)
- Cannabis banking OK included in House defense bill (Sept. 25, 2021)
- Former IRS execs say they know how to close Tax Gap (Sept. 18, 2021)
- Remembering 9/11 events 20 years later (Sept. 11, 2021)
- Netflix documentary looks at mob-affiliated minor league hockey club (Sept. 4, 2021)
- Hurricane Ida is on her way. Get ready NOW! (Aug. 28, 2021)
- Competing counts of how many small businesses might face higher taxes (Aug. 21, 2021)
- Pondering potential AdvCTC payback problems (Aug. 14, 2021)
- EU CumEx tax fraud finally reaches the U.S. (Aug. 7, 2021)
- Henry David Thoreau's tax protest expanded lessons (July 31, 2021)
- Tax implications far from nil for college athletes' NIL money (July 24, 2021)
- No surprise, but some details, on how billionaire sports teams owners use their teams to avoid taxes (July 17, 2021)
- Where your state ranks when it comes to property taxes (July 10, 2021)
- Tax law changes in 13 states took effect on July 1 (July 3, 2021)
- Young people are increasingly scam victims (June 26, 2021)
- Juneteenth added to list of legal holidays, which sometimes affect taxes (June 19, 2021)
- Is a moon tax lunacy? (June 12, 2021)
- Summer job search and tax tips for teenagers (June 5, 2021)
- Today's educational tax break lessons: 529 Day tips and celebration options (May 29, 2021)
- Atlantic hurricane season starts early for 7th straight year (May 22, 2021)
- Get an extension if you can't file your tax return on time (May 16, 2021)
- A long look at 2021 tax facts & a glimpse at other Tax Days (May 8, 2021)
- Biden Administration seeks IRS oversight of some tax pros (May 2, 2021)
- Time for tax and other record keeping tasks (April 24, 2021)
- GASB report name changed due to offensive acronym (April 17, 2021)
- IRS is adjusting returns with unemployment, but it might be worth amending anyway (April 10, 2021)
- NY legalizes marijuana use; taxes, regs in the works (April 3, 2021)
- Congress extends PPP, but state tax news isn't so good for the COVID-relief loans (March 27, 2021)
- IRS acts on Taxpayer Advocate request to discontinue offsets of some COVID relief payments (March 20, 2021)
- IRS elaborates on delivery of $1,400 COVID relief payments (March 13, 2021)
- Senate OKs 3rd COVID payment, final House vote next week (March 6, 2021)
- What cryptocurrency's booming values mean to owners' taxes (Feb. 27, 2021)
- A look at 2020 and 2021 state individual income tax rates and income brackets (Feb. 20, 2021)
- Biden's proposed Child Tax Credit increase in COVID relief plan gets support … and questions (Feb. 13, 2021)
- The Super Bowl's real cost to taxpayers (Feb. 6, 2021)
- Taxpayer Advocate seeks equal debt treatment for all COVID relief payments (Jan. 30, 2021)
- 6 small business tax breaks in current COVID relief law (Jan. 23, 2021)
- A look at what, aside from $1,400 per person, is in Biden's COVID relief plan (Jan. 16, 2021)
- IRS says it did a pretty good job in a COVID-affected year (Jan. 9, 2021)
- 2020's worst tax laws, proposals & legislative approaches (Jan. 2, 2021)
You can read more of the whys and wherefores of the Shout Out idea in the original post about the one-weekend-day posts. There you'll also find all of 2017's Shout Outs.
And if you interested in who got tax-related hollers in the last three years, you'll find them on the 2018, 2019 and 2020 pages. Yes, they also have the same megaphone image as the current collection. Again, not broke so not fixed.
Thanks and I'll say it again, enjoy your weekends with a little bit of taxes on the side. I know I will!