Shout it out loud: A new year and decade has arrived!
You know what that means. It's time for a brand new bunch of Saturday or Sunday Shout Outs for the 2020 tax year.
As in its earlier iterations, this feature allows me to share good tax info from other places and gives me a bit more free time each weekend.
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I'm just going to keep on sharing and shouting.
Enjoy these articles/posts and your weekends!
- Boxing Day 2020 giving ideas and tax tips (Dec, 26, 2020)
- Some bad and good tax advice from the pros (Dec. 19, 2020)
- Surprise! Congress reaches agreement on handling of unexpected medical bills (Dec. 12, 2020)
- Yes, Virginia, you'll probably pay tax on your Christmas tree (Dec. 5, 2020)
- A tax return clue in the D.B. Cooper mystery (Nov. 28, 2020)
- IRS won't provide blanket tax relief for penalties assessed during COVID-19 (Nov. 21, 2020)
- Working from home is an advantage that should be taxed, says report (Nov. 14, 2020)
- Tax ballot issues 2020 results (Nov. 7, 2020)
- Halloween tax scare: state taxation of candy and other food (Oct. 31, 2020)
- In the wake of disasters & COVID-19, will the IRS be ready for the 2021 tax season? (Oct. 24, 2020)
- Trump, GOP claims about Biden's tax plan are wrong (Oct. 17, 2020)
- Tax lessons from an indicted millionaire for the rest of us (Oct. 10, 2020)
- Garage sale proceeds typically aren't taxable (Oct. 3, 2020)
- Work from home pros, cons and home office tax tip (Sept. 26, 2020)
- Thank you, RBG. RIP (Sept. 19, 2020)
- Third estimated tax payment due Sept. 15 (Sept. 12, 2020)
- 529 plans, other tax breaks help cover education expenses, even during a pandemic (Sept. 5, 2020)
- Treasury clears up Trump's payroll tax order. Just kidding! (Aug. 29, 2020)
- IRS stops sending nonpayment tax notices until it clears COVID snail mail backlog (Aug. 22, 2020)
- COVID-19 sports consequences and gambling costs, even on the fantasy sports front (Aug. 15, 2020)
- COVID-19 is screwing up sports and complicating some professional athletes' taxes (Aug. 8, 2020)
- Remembering land value tax advocate Mason Gaffney (Aug. 1, 2020)
- Rep. John Lewis' efforts, including for tax justice, remembered (July 25, 2020)
- COVID-19 relief phase 4: Provision previews and predictions (July 18, 2020)
- Crazy tax deductions: When they don't - and do! - work (July 11, 2020)
- Not yet independence, freedom or justice for all in America on this July 4th (July 4, 2020)
- Summer job 2020 prospects + 12 tax tips if you do get hired (June 27, 2020)
- TIGTA says IRS needs to get tougher on delinquent tax pros (June 20, 2020)
- Positive audit burdens and other tax readings (June 12, 2020)
- Trump vs. Biden on taxes, a 2020 election preview (June 6, 2020)
- Sweet tax dreams with Tax Code Coma tape (May 30, 2020)
- Expat tax break could net larger COVID-19 relief payment (May 23, 2020)
- New cinematic take on most famous U.S. tax cheat (May 16, 2020)
- Sharing mom's love with good causes on Mother's Day (May 10, 2020)
- COVID-19 payments going to foreign students, as well as dead people (May 3, 2020)
- Don't fall for these 4 common COVID-19 payment scams (April 26, 2020)
- States also are taking COVID-19 financial hits (April 18, 2020)
- July 15 now the deadline for most tax actions (April 11, 2020)
- Don't forget 'normal' tax matters during COVID-19 tax season (April 4, 2020)
- Compare COVID payments using 2019 or 2018 tax return (March 28, 2020)
- Taxes' critical role in times of crisis (March 22, 2020)
- Tax Day still is (for now) April 15, but IRS has new coronavirus tax webpage (March 15, 2020)
- Tennessee tornado victims' tax deadlines extended to July 15 (March 7, 2020)
- Leap Day poses potential tax withholding issues (Feb. 29, 2020)
- The wide range of state and local taxes (Feb. 22, 2020)
- Ways to work around the end of the stretch IRA (Feb. 15, 2020)
- Dealing with a wrong tax statement (Feb. 8, 2020)
- Super Bowl rooting reasons and tax residency implications (Feb. 1, 2020)
- Timing differences in Vanguard's issuance of 1099s (Jan. 25, 2020)
- How Prohibition made us more reliant on the income tax (Jan. 18, 2020)
- IRS gig economy tax tips for all side hustlers, even TV stars (Jan. 11, 2020)
- Progressive tax rates help ease tax bite on income increases, minimum wage or otherwise (Jan. 4, 2020)
You can read more of the whys and wherefores of the Shout Out idea in the original post about the one-weekend-day posts. There you'll also find all of 2017's Shout Outs.
And if you interested in who got tax-related hollers in the last two years, you'll find them on the 2018 and 2019 pages. (And, thanks to the magic of the internet, if you want to time travel into the future, check the 2021 tax shouts.)
Thanks and I'll say it again, enjoy your weekends with a little bit of taxes on the side. I know I will!
🌟 Search Amazon Business and Money Books 🌟
The text link above and image links below are affiliate ads. If you click through and then buy a product, I receive a commission.