It's a new year and I've got to admit that I've gotten used to this Shout Out feature that lets me share good tax info from other places and gives me a bit more free time each weekend.
So I'm keeping it going.
Enjoy these articles/posts and your weekends!
- IRS taxpayer service 'woefully inadequate,' says Taxpayer Advocate in her final report to Congress (June 22, 2019)
- Flag Day Friday Focus on tax-exempt Stars and Stripes (June 14, 2019)
- Stagnant wages mean more workers turning to side hustles (June 8, 2019)
- TCJA produced little economic benefit in first year (June 1, 2019)
- Georgia abortion law puts film tax credits in new spotlight (May 25, 2019)
- Witches, witch hunts & taxes: the curse of today's politics (May 18, 2019)
- Tax considerations when your Mother's Day gift is cash (May 11, 2019)
- Legal sports wagering = more Kentucky Derby options (May 4, 2019)
- 2018 was a good year for tax snitches (April 27, 2019)
- Celebrating marijuana and its taxes on 420 Day (April 20, 2019)
- 13 tax tips for the 2019 filing season's last weekend (April 13, 2019)
- Do you live in a tax audit hot spot? (April 6, 2019)
- Tax tips for winners of March Madness bets (March 30, 2019)
- IRS offers more underwithholding tax penalty relief, but taxpayer ire over smaller refunds lingers (March 23, 2019)
- Dakota residents have biggest federal tax bills (March 16, 2019)
- Picking the perfect tax software (March 9, 2019)
- Don't forget about your state taxes (March 2, 2019)
- Tax refunds are nice, but savings provide a better payoff (Feb. 23, 2019)
- 44% of Americans pay no income tax. Refunds remain focus for many of the rest (Feb. 16, 2019)
- Tax bill troubles created by the GOP tax bill (Feb. 9, 2019)
- Are you ready for some legal Super Bowl betting beyond Nevada? (Feb. 2, 2019)
- Who wants to tax a millionaire? It's not a game show, but the latest Congressional and political campaign theme (Jan. 26, 2019)
- IRS explains how the new 20% pass-through tax deduction for small businesses works (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Free File 2019 is open with taxpayer protection upgrades (Jan. 13, 2019)
- New year brings notable state tax changes (Jan. 5, 2019)
You can read more of the whys and wherefores of the Shout Out idea in the original post about the one-weekend-day posts. There you'll also find all of 2017's Shout Outs. As for last year's Shout Outs, they're all all on the 2018 page.
Thanks and enjoy your weekends, too, with a little bit of taxes on the side!