Sign up now to pay your federal tax bill via EFTPS
Small business tax calendar, tools and tips for 2013

Last week at my other tax blog: Old-style savings bonds refund option and talk of a possible gas tax hike

Bankrate Taxes Blog icon If you filed your 2012 return as soon as the Internal Revenue Service starting accepting forms on Jan. 30, then chances are you are getting a refund.

Most folks will take their money back from Uncle Sam as cash, either as a snail-mailed paper check or directly deposited into an account. But you also could, as noted in one of my posts last week at my other tax blog, get your refund as a U.S. savings bond.

In fact, a federal income tax refund is the only way you can get an old-fashioned paper savings bond.

Refund money could come in handy if you plan to take a driving trip this year. There is some talk of hiking the federal gas tax. It's been stuck at 18.4 cents since 1993.

You can check out my new posts at Bankrate Taxes Blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But if you happen to miss them there, you can find a wrap-up here the following weekend.

You also might find these items of interest:


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Tax Services California

Thanks for sharing the news.

The comments to this entry are closed.