It's the start of a new year and you know what that means: resolutions and numbered lists.
My 12 Tempting Tax Tips For 2012 story at Bankrate combines those traditions. Here are the high points:
- Remember Roth IRA conversion taxes
- Claim your American Opportunity
- Note health care info on W-2
- Pay attention to Form 1099-K
- Be ready for basis reporting
- Accelerate income
- Cash in winning stocks
- Plan for the added Medicare tax
- Assess AMT danger
- Give gifts
- Evaluate estate tax implications
- Hire a registered tax pro
Some of these are 2012 specific. Others are tax move perennials. Check out the full story for details on each.
You also might find these items of interest: