The list of flooded filers who get more time to take care of their taxes is growing.
The IRS announced today that folks who live in or have businesses in Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth,
Morris, Passaic, Somerset, and Union counties in New Jersey have until May 11 to file their returns.
That's the same extended deadline given last week to similar presidentially-declared disaster areas in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and West Virginia.
It's always nice to have more time to deal with taxes, but this definitely is not how these folks wanted to get the extra days.
Additional information on filing for disaster losses can be found in Severe storm victims get filing reprieve.
- Tax relief for disaster victims
- Insurance tips for storm victims
- Financial and tax tips for storm season
- Time to prepare for Mother Nature's less maternal side
- Time to make disaster preparations
- Hurricane season financial preparations
Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Click the Tweet This or Digg This buttons below or use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail, Facebook and other popular applications. Thanks!