A mysterious meeting of taxes, vampires, celebrity dancers and 'Wild' women
A BUZZing tax Saturday

Covering excess Making Work Pay credit

One more quick hit on the topic of excess Making Work Pay credit payments.

I wrote a piece for Bankrate.com on some steps you can take now if you fear you might be one of the folks who will have to pay back the credit next filing season.

Related posts: Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Click the Tweet This or Digg This links below or use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail, Facebook and other popular applications. Thanks!


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


You will have to report it on the new Schedule M. Any additional credit is available only to individuals who had wage income. If you received both wages and Social Security, you might lose some or all of your $250 payment.

G. Lenglet

My wife and I both received the 250.00 each payment in 2009 from SSA. Will we have to report that amount on our tax return? Also, will we receive additional credit assuming that we have low joint income?

The comments to this entry are closed.