Have some tax 'what ifs'? IRS has answers
Retiree $250 stimulus checks on the way

Ways to pay, or pay less of, your tax bill

One of the "what if" tax situations that I blogged about yesterday is what if you're having trouble paying your tax bill.

You do have options. Popular ones include installment agreements or even negotiating a lower tax bill with the IRS.

Those payment possibilities and more are included in a handy table compiled by Peter C. Pappas, a Florida-based tax attorney and certified public accountant.

In addition to the usual remedies, Pappas also offers a quick look at such things as lien subordination and levy releases. And if push comes to shove, there's the always-popular "sue the IRS."

Remember, too, that this year the IRS says it will work with you if you're having difficulties. Just give the agency a toll-free call at (800) 829-1040 to get this process started.


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.